Mold is a hazardous material that grows freely throughout nature. We see mold in nature every day, but it is a different story when mold is spotted inside your home. In the outdoors, there is enough air to prevent you from becoming ill from mold exposure. In your home, you are trapped in a confined spot with mold, which can lead to severe respiratory illnesses. While all mold is toxic and dangerous, today, we will be discussing black mold and why it occurs in homes.

What is Black Mold?

Black mold is also known as Stachybotrys Chartarum or Stachybotrys Atra. This type of mold is believed to be more toxic than other types of mold. However, there is no solid evidence this is the case. While black mold can release mycotoxins, which is linked to severe illnesses, this isn’t always the case. Black mold can cause illnesses such as:
• Headaches
• Memory Loss
• Aches and Pains
• Mood Changes
• Severe Nosebleeds
• Respiratory Problems
• Skin Rashes

These symptoms should not be taken lightly, as they can become more severe over time as more exposure occurs.

Should I Have Black Mold Removed?

No mold should be inside your home or business. Black mold is caused by flooding or major water damages to your property. If water damages have occurred and were not appropriately handled, the lasting effects are mold and rot. Black mold should be removed as soon as possible. If you see black mold stains on your walls or ceiling, it is time to call a company such as Colorado Hazardous Environmental. We provide total mold removal and remediation services for black mold and other types of mold. We can safely remove and dispose of any mold on your property and ensure your home or business is safe to inhabit.