Shocking as it may sound, lead paint is still being found in houses and businesses throughout the United States. Lead paint is very hazardous to young children, the elderly, and pregnant women. If you live in an older house, even if it has been remodeled, it should be tested for lead paint. While you may think the new look and remodel should have removed the lead paint, that is the farthest from the truth.

Lead Paint and Remodels

The lead was used in paint for years until it was found to be hazardous to our health. It was then banned in the paint. However, the paint that already contained lead was still being used by construction companies. Lead paint is still in many homes, even after remodeling. When remodeling occurs, construction companies will put a new coat of paint over the existing paint. This is how lead paint is still affecting people in the 2000s. The paint was never removed during the remodel. It was only covered. The lead paint is either exposed through wear and tear, remodels, or curious children. Lead paint is known to cause many health problems.

Lead Poisoning

Lead poisoning is still occurring in children across the United States. Kids are still being subjected to lead paint, and parents didn’t even know it was inside their home. Lead poisoning caused learning disabilities, seizures, behavioral problems, and even death. Lead poisoning is very dangerous and can only be found if a lead paint test is completed on the property. If you own a home with young children, pregnant women, or the elderly, it should be checked for lead. Lead poisoning can cause damaging effects to everyone in the home. Certified hazardous materials professionals complete lead paint tests. The tests are highly accurate and very thorough. If there is lead paint in your home, they will be able to remove it safely from your property and ensure your family remains safe.