Lead paint really hasn’t been in the media much. Every now and then, you may here of a toy that has been recalled because it has lead paint. Lead exposure is probably the farthest thing from your mind these days. There are a lot of other things to worry about. However, if you have recently had a child, or have a young child, lead should be on your mind. Lead paint is still in many homes. It is not that harmful to adults, as it is usually consumed through teething or children peeling off paint.

Children are curious and peeling paint is interesting to them. Most young children explore through touch and taste. They are likely to chew on wood and peel paint. It is a normal childhood function. However, you can protect your children and loved ones from lead poisoning. A simple test, run by a certified lead paint removal company can save you and your family’s lives. Colorado Hazardous Environmental is here to give you some of the symptoms to look for and educate you on what to do!

Lead poisoning happens over time. Once you notice symptoms, it means they have been exposed for a while. The best option is to have a simple lead paint test done in your home. The tests are very affordable and will leave you with a peace of mind. If you have children and have not had a test, here are some symptoms to look for:

  • Headaches
  • Pain the Abdomen
  • Anemia
  • Aggressive Behaviors
  • Constipation
  • Hearing Loss
  • Difficulty Concentrating
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Sleeping Difficulties
  • Stunted Growth
  • Kidney Problems 
  • School Learning Problems
  • Behavior Problems 

The list can go on. Lead poisoning can contribute to many problems in young children. If you think your child has lead poisoning, it is important that you see a doctor immediately. If you are pregnant, now is the time to have a lead test done in your home. Unborn children are at higher risks of lead poisoning. Have your home checked! It is an affordable test that can give you a lifetime of knowing you did the right thing for your family!